Can a safari cat defend itself from a raccoon dog or bobcat if it runs away or goes exporling if the door or window was

If it has claws will it be okay to defend itself from those animals and Is there to called back my cat to come home like leaving it favorite treats or food in the backyard so he can smell it or do I call by his name or something else I can do to make it come home

Asked by Member 1123977 on Sep 17th 2012 Tagged defendrunawayorcallingname in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Outside cats live a dangerous and usually short life. Most will not return home, even if you leave food or treats out or call them until they are ready to come home, whether they are gone for a few hours, a day or a month. In addition, if he is not neutered, this makes him want to wander and find females to breed with and make more unwanted kittens. Leaving food or treats out will also encourage those animals you wrote about to come to your yard when THEY smell the food. To be honest, the only way to keep your cat safe is to keep him inside.