Can a cat's fur determine when winter is coming? I'm curious because all mycats are already growing their winter fur out

Today,I noticed my mom's long haired cat seems to have extra fur growing,even the fall has yet to come;and last week I also noticed it on her kittens and the short-haired manx(a male).So are we to have an early winter, is is it time for their first visit to a groomer?

Asked by Member 1001196 on Aug 19th 2010 in Other Grooming

Answers

Unless your cats are terribly matted, all they need is a good, thorough and daily brushing. This is something that cats need VERY frequently. I keep a brush by my easy chair and whenever my long-haired Delilah comes to sit on my lap I brush her, even if it's three times a day. This stimlates their skin and they will come to LOVE being brushed--or like Delilah, at least tolerate it! As for an animals's fur predicting an early winter---who knows???