Can a cat be a snowshoe without the inverted white v on it's face?

My cat was a stray that showed up at my families restaurant one day. He must have belonged to someone because he is super sweet but unfortunately extremely vocal. Haha. At first I just thought he was Siamese but then I was looking up siamese and noticed they didn't have any white markings. But then I saw something about snowshoes and when I googled several images looked exactly like him. His coat is mostly chocolate with black on his face nose tail and paws hes got bright slightly slanted blue eyes with a white chin triangle chest patch that connects to his white belly and white paws. The only thing that concerns me is when I look up the description it saws that snow shoes have that inverted v white patch on there face and his is all black with a white chin. Could he still be a snowshoe?
Thanks!
Here's a pic of him his names Monty
instagr.am
If that doesn't work he looks kinda like this
www.catfacts.org

Asked by Member 1115769 on Jun 14th 2012 Tagged breeds, snowshoe, siamese in Breeds J-Z

Answers

Ramsey

It is possible your cat is a Snowshoe. I can't see the rest of his body. There are 2 Snowshoes in the house, Ramsey and 'Bitz. Of the 2 'Bitz would be the true Snowshoe per breed standards. Ramsey is Snowshoe but his Siamese heritage is much more prominent in his features. He does have the 4 white "shoes"/paws of the breed and other markings. Here is an easy to read and quick article on the breed which you may find helpful.
www.cat

Ramsey answered on 6/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Many mixed breed cats carry a recessive gene for Siamese coloring. Your kitty may or not be a purebred, but he sure is cute.