Yuki

Breeding at 6 months??

Hi. My british shorthair kitten Yuki has finally reached the age of six months and we want to breed her. We found a future mate but he needs to be neutered soon because he is being attacked my older and tougher street cats (he is an outdoors cat). Yuki is not in heat and the male cat (who is also 6 months old) doesn't live with us.
When can we breed her? I need an answer as soon as possible!! Thank you.

Asked by Yuki on Oct 5th 2013 Tagged breeding, male, female, neuter, help, labour, kittens, cats, yuki, six, months, british, shorthair, outdoors, indoors in Health & Safety

Answers

I would wait until she is nine months old. Six months is the equivalent of a 13-year-old human having a kid. It can be done, but the mom would be a kid herself and this is not advisable. ^_^

I think you should wait until your cat become 10 months of age. It is right time to breed cat.