Breeding

Why do cats spray? I've a Persian cat shes 2years old now when will she come on heat so I could drop her to my friend who has a male cat so they could have sex? 2months before when Kloe was on heat I got her heat shot to control but this time I want kittens so when will she get horny/heated up again? And for how long will she stay with male cat? Secondly once she'll get pregnant and when I'll get her home then how should I take care? Besides the kittens when she will give birth will they have blood which ilk have to clean or what? Ewwww. Tell me everyythingg?

Asked by Member 902315 on Jun 21st 2013 Tagged ghh in Health & Wellness

Answers

You cannot learn how to breed cats from a website. If you know nothing about it, then you need to study breeding from a reputable breeder to learn how to breed cats and how to take care of the mother and kittens so both will survive the process. Breeding cats is more than the female being "horny" and coming into heat and mating. Birthing is a messy job and if you say "ewww: now, then you have no business breeding your cat. It is irresponsible and if the mother cat has any health problems or genetic issues, you will have a litter of sick kittens. It is not a job for a nervous or squeamish person. If you panic and don't know what to do or are easily grossed out, the female and the kittens will not survive. If the female and the kittens do not have proper veterinary care, they will not be healthy and will not live long. Tell you everything? I will tell you NOT to breed your cat for her sake and for the sake of the kittens.

Nicholas

Please reconsider breeding your cat. There are millions of amazing cats that do not have homes and will be euthanized (put to death) because they cannot find homes. A better solution is to have your cat spayed and enjoy her. Additionally, you will have to find good homes for the kittens and hopefully you are not just trying to use this as a source of income. If you do adopt kittens, they should be spayed or neutered as well to avoid more over-populaiton. ONE UNSPAYED FEMALE CAN LEAD TO 420,000 CATS OVER 7 YEARS! Please have your cat fixed. There are many low-cost options usually offered by any city/provice/state. Unaltered cats also run the risk of cancer in their reproductive systems as well as injury or loss due to getting out or escaping to find a mate. Again, this is a difficult and challenging road you are going down-please reconsider. Good luck in your decision!

Nicholas answered on 6/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer