Behaviour and training

My cat,I keep her in a room only and I prefer she doesn't comeout she is at my house since 1month and she didn't come out of the room even if I use to open the door room or if someone use to left it open. I have a two stories house and I keep her on the top floor now I'm noticing that she runs out and goes down through the stairs this is happening since the past 3days. Now why is this happening all of a sudden?

Asked by Member 902315 on Jun 22nd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I understand from what you write that you have a cat but keep her shut up in a room and you want her to stay in the room. I am wondering why you have a cat? My 3 cats roam freely in my house. They are social and well-behaved and a part of my family. To be honest, if someone keep me shut up in a room, I would take every chance to escape, too, just like your cat. She's probably had enough of being kept a prisoner in that room. If she is not altered (spayed) she could be trying to get out to mate as well. If you do not keep food/water in the room, she cold be hungry. If you do not allow her out of the room at all, she is lonely and will soon become unfriendly and reclusive. If you do not wish to have this cat as part of your family and your life, I would respectfully suggest that you find her another home where they would welcome her as a family member.

Nicholas

I agree with Izzie. Your cat should have the ability to roam free in the house. Maybe we are not understanding why she is kept in a room by herself? But if we do understand, maybe a cat was not the best choice for you. Cats need activity, play, socialization, excercise. One room will not suffice. Please correct and elaborate if we misunderstand your dilemma.

Nicholas answered on 6/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer