Are my cats friends?

I got Alfie four months before Bertie arrived. Alfie is a two years old black and white where Bettie was four months old british blue.

At the beginning Alfie would hiss and run away from Bertie but now all they do is chase each other around the house. They play fight all the time and sometimes Bertie lets out a little scream and runs towards me as if he is scared. It's funny as Bertie doesn't seem that he is scared of him. He will chase Alfie around and pounce on him when he is not looking. I have seen Bertie licking Alfie's face which he does not like so they start fighting.

I know cats fight but seven months on they don't sleep together although they will both sleep on my bed. Alfie doesn't show many signs of the Alpha as he does seem to accept when Bertie goes to his good bowl.

So do you think there friends?

Asked by Member 1211036 on Jan 23rd 2014 Tagged cats, friends, love in Socialization

Answers

They are definitely pals. You would know if they were fighting because there would be screaming, tufts of hair missing and injuries. This is how kittens play; just let them carry on! ^_^