Teemo

Alternatives to Catnip and Mint?

Hello. My name is Teemo and I am thirteen weeks old. I'm not really interested in Catnip (I've tried three different brands), nor do I care for the mint chew toy my daddy bought me.

There is another cat here called Neemo; she is one year old and doesn't like me very much (but I'm working on that). She doesn't seem very bothered about Catnip or her Mint chew toy either.

I feel like I'm missing out on enjoying something fun. Also, I think my Daddy thinks putting Catnip in places designated specifically for cats, and on cat scratchers, will attract me to use them. But I mostly find it just scratchy and annoying.

Are there any other scents my Daddy can try, to see if I like them better?

Lots of love and thanks,
Teemo. xx

Dictated but not read.

Asked by Teemo on Aug 27th 2013 Tagged catnipmintalternatives in Toys

Answers

Hi Teemo. One thing you might find fun is catnip bubbles. Honestly, you are too young to be getting high, so munching on some cat grass or playing on a screened in patio may be more to your liking. We have a toy the Cat's Meow that didn't enthrall the older ones but the new little tortie mitten absolutely loves. When you're a kitten, looking out the window, eating healthy food like MaxKitten, chewing on newspaper and climbing are very fun. Everyone is different, so dad should get you one of each toy in the 99 cent bins and see what you like the best! ^_^

I have 4 indoor cats and 2 outside. I have come to discover that age has a big role play in cat nip. The older the cat, the more they like cat nip. Cat nip does nothing for kittens.

Zenith

Silvervine (japanese catnip, I think) - you can get it in powder, leaf or chew stick form on eBay and it has very much to same effect as catnip (my sister doesn't respond to anything but this).

You could also try honeysuckle or valerian toys if catnip isn't your thing.

If you're in the UK there is a site called Purrs In Our Hearts that sells honeysuckle and valerian toys.

Zenith answered on 11/17/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer