After recovering from a cold last month, kitten has caught a cold again! Please help?

Hi! One of the kittens at our home has caught a cold again! Actually all of them caught and recovered in 2 weeks. And this kitten was ok till yesterday! Now she's sneezing, sniffing and has a hard time breathing! Also a couple of days ago we noticed that he's loosing some fur at the end of the spine/where the tail starts! Could it be related? He is eating almost ok and is a bit lethargic, oh! he caught a mouse this morning, ate it then caught and ate a roach. The kitten's 6 months old.

I'm extremely scared to take her to the vet, last time we took a kitten he just gave an injection and the little kitty passed away the next day! Also a couple of years before that my dad had took an eagle which fell in our garden and couldn't fly and that doc did the same thing! Gave an injection and the next day it was gone! :'(

But I'll see for one more day if his condition gets worse I'll take him for a checkup. But before that if anyone could provide some tips and help, I'll be grateful!

Thank you

Asked by Member 1209830 on Jan 16th 2014 Tagged cold, lossof, fur, runnynose, wateryeyes, kitten in Health & Wellness

Answers

Okay, you need a new vet. There must be more than one nearby? He could have fleas (get medicine for that) and sounds like he has a cold and needs medicine (like clavamox). If all of the kittens have their shots, they don't need any more. If they don't, then they need whatever your state requires and can be brought in for an appointment together or separately. Feed a healthy kitten food for their first year like MaxKitten dry food by NutroMax in chicken. ^_^