Advise for a cat with asthma? Currently treating w/steroid shot every few months. He also has med-controlled seizures.

Advise for a cat with asthma? Currently treating w/steroid shot every few months. He also has med-controlled seizures. Flovent is SO expensive! Am going to try homeopathic med first.

Asked by Member 1158750 on Mar 11th 2013 in Alternative Treatments

Best Answer

Since your kitty has the double-whammy of both asthma and seizures, I would be extremely cautious before engaging in a treatment for one condition that may negatively affect the other. I know that sometimes vets are so concerned with finding the best treatment for a pet, they forget that someone's got to foot the bill for it, namely the owner. I have 5 animals now and with them and past pets, have needed smelling salts at the reception desk when I was given the bill. But, because I have a good relationship with my vets, they did work out a payment plan for us with no problem. Perhaps there is a generic medication that might work?

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Mar 11th.

There Are No Other Answers