A cat shows up in the backyrd.I start feedng it.It accpts my hlp too.It starts to trst me a bit and leaves wthout a word

I jst put some milk in the bowl one day,and it just stays that way.... The nect day,I search for the cat in the whole place,she isn't there.She started to feed itself in my prescence too,and would accept food directly from my hand.She just leaves one day,leaving my heart on fire.PLS help...

Asked by Member 1193285 on Oct 15th 2013 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

This is why you should NOT feed stray cats! First of all, feeding cow milk to a cat is harmful to the cat. Humans are the only species that eat dairy products from other species. Second, that cat did not belong to you. If it did, you would have taken it to the vet, had it spayed/neutered, etc. If you want a cat, there are thousands available at shelters and rescues globally. Keep the cat inside, with toys and treats, spayed/neutered, well-fed with CAT FOOD, free from bugs and up on its vaccinations... and THEN it will be yours!!