A cat in my Building that refuses to leave.. How do I get her out? Please see details below.. It's complicated!

I found a stray cat in my building.. She was too skinny and hungry so I fed her few times and now -of course!- she refuses to leave and decided to live in the building. The rest of the residents tolerated her being around at first, but now they want her out as we discovered that she uses some of their doorsteps as her toilet! I can't let her go back to the streets again, and so far no shelter would take her, and I can't keep her in the same time.. She has to go out.. Is there a way I can lure her out of the building? I think I can keep feeding her but I need her to stay out. I'm afraid if she doesn't someone might hurt her!

Asked by Member 1175773 on Jun 17th 2013 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

You can leave food in a cat carrier for her when you have time and when she goes in to eat, shut the door behind her. Find a no-kill animal rescue group where you live and tell them that you are willing to foster her. If you have a big dog or can't keep her in your place, at least work with a group to spay her before there are 6 more where she came from. Good luck... ^_^