My cousins cat had kittens about a month ago, and after about two weeks she hid them. We were all so worried, but we fou

Asked by Member 1131705 on Sep 20th 2012 Tagged help in Kittens

Answers

thor

mom eating then they are being feed no problems she just wants to protect them

thor answered on 9/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Your question got cut off, but I think I know what you're saying. When a Momma cat starts moving and hiding her kittens, it means she is stressed and not comfortable because she is being bothered by something. Everyone wants to see the adorable babies, but mom doesn't like it. As a former animal rescue worker, I've had to help break down walls to get a litter of kittens out after mom stuffed them in there. The best thing you, your cousin and anyone else who's "gawking" at the kittens can do is just leave the little family alone. When my daughter's foster cat gave birth, the mom cat spent 5 weeks in a room alone with her kittens with a litter box, food, water and a blanket. The door was closed and my daughter and I were the ONLY ones allowed in. Mom was watchful and protective. We went in, we scooped, refilled the food dishes,took a fast head count, said a quick "awww, they're so cute!" and left.