My 10 year old cat has started peeing and pooping everywhere. What's wrong?

I recently gave him a flea treatment, could this be the cause or is it something else. Please help!

Asked by Member 1124717 on Aug 8th 2012 Tagged peeing, pooping, oldercat in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

Brownie - R.I.P - 01/22/2012

Did you have any recent changes in your household?
Did you move, buy anything new, bring a child home, bring any new pets home or change the litter/ the place where the box was before?

Think about it and try to see if any such change comes to mind. If nothing ...absolutely nothing has changed.. then think about what he does when he goes to the litterbox.. does he yowl or strain? Sometimes due to underlying medical condition, say for instance like arthritis he might not be able to get the posture right. Any pain he gets when he goes into the box, he will assume ..ow this box hurts I wont do it there.. so you need to think like a cat here. If nothing has changed, please have him looked at by a vet to ensure there is nothing medical going on. if there was some change then try to bring his routine back to normal. Let me know how it goes. thanks and good luck.

Brownie - R.I.P - 01/22/2012 answered on 8/8/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer