6 month old snuffly and sneezy, otherwise delightfully happy tortie kitten! Concerned?

My kitten Pantherlilly was sneezing and had a gunky eye 3-4 weeks ago so I took her to the vet to get a check up, she was due for a booster shot anyway. We got some eye cream, and the vet said her temperature was normal, and she had been eating fine and that it was viral and should clear up soon.
A few weeks later and she is still snuffly, and sneezes a few times a day, she's still eating fine and growing like kittens should, drinking lots of water, playful and not lethargic. I was worried because it had been so long so I took her back to be safe. The vet said there is no noise on her chest, her eyes have cleared up and there's no gunk from her nose, temperature is fine and temperament is great. She said hopefully it's just the tail end of her cold and that it should go away, but that it isn't normal to still be snuffly and sneezy after so long.
Is there anything I can do to try and clear up Lilly's head? I haven't had a kitten before, she seems very happy though?

Asked by Member 1230537 on Jul 29th 2014 Tagged sneeze, snuffly, cold in Health & Wellness

Answers

She could have allergies. Feed her a healthy, natural kitten food such as MaxKitten during her first year. Keep her inside for now and switch to free and clear everything in your home. cats have a better sense of smell than we do, so apple mango tango dryer beads, potpourri, scented candles or floor cleaners can really aggravate their systems. If she gets worse, you might want to take her to another vet for a 2nd opinion. ^_^