Deja Blu

4 yr old neutered male deliberately peeing.

Our two female kitties have started sleeping with us.
Zeus (who is son to one, brother to the other) has always been kind of a jerk to the other cats. Always
He could also sleep with us but as soon as he comes into the room he starts something with one of the girls.
Last night he came into the room went right to a suitcase on the floor & peed on it.
He is an indoor/outdoor cat who has to pass a kitty door to come upstairs. We have 3 cats & four litter boxes. No reason for him to go that far just to pee.
I don't want to take him to a vet just for them to tell us it's behavioral.
He isn't drinking excessively or displaying any other uti problems. I really think he's just being a jerk.
He's my baby & I can't bear to part with him, but I can't have him ruining things either.
He also deliberately comes into our room in the middle of the night to claw on a chair he has always left alone

Asked by Deja Blu on Jan 4th 2014 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Millie

Two of our cats have the same problem (they're brother and sister...no wonder! Haha!). I find the best way to help is to determine what they mark the most (for our cats, it's beds and clothes/blankets wadded up generally) and try preventing it. We keep blankets folded and picked up - out of reach for the cats. Then we try to keep the bedroom doors closed, but we also have a waterproof cover on the bed in case a cat gets in.

You could also maybe try misting lemon juice, vinegar, or commercial "anti-mark" sprays on whatever he pees on the most.

Best wishes!

Millie answered on 1/4/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Stop the girls from sleeping with you, at least temporarily. You have to be just as nice to him, because he will return your negative energy otherwise... in urine. There is no reason to threaten to give him up because he's jealous. Pheromone treat where he peed or he will keep soiling in the same place- with a specific urine remover. Sticky take and no-scratch spray should have been placed on this chair as soon as the behavior started. You can also get a baby gate for upstairs or a wing and keep him out of it completely if you choose. ^_^

I am agree with Millie. Just do as Millie says. This will definitely help your cat. You can also consult with the vet.