4 month old kitten acting very calm, sleepy and uninterested after vaccinations, dewormer and ear drops. Is this normal?

Hi all. My 4 month old kitten has been acting very sleepy, calm and uninterested in the things she typically enjoys. She is usually a very active kitten and loves to play non-stop. We took her in for a final vaccination that she needed and her first rabies vaccine a few days ago. She also received a 3 dose de-wormer because she had very lose stools and was given ear drops by the Vet because it looked like an ear infection was just starting. Could this new behavior be a result of the vaccination and de-wormer or the ear drops/slight ear infection? She has been eating and drinking water as usual and her stool is back to normal. She is typically running around and I'm running around with her but she has been flopping on the floor the past 3 days (it's been 4 days since her vaccines) and just "meoooowwws" when we try to pick her up at times because she just wants to sleep but she still purrs. This is my very first kitten so any tips will be greatly appreciated! - Worried Kitten Mama

Asked by Member 1154878 on Feb 12th 2013 Tagged kitten, vaccines, behavior, calm, sleepy, dewormed, uninterested in Health & Wellness

Answers

Bowski

We were told that sleepiness is a normal reaction for kittens, especially after getting more than one vaccine. Since she's still eating and drinking normally, I'd bet that's all it is!

If it continues for much longer though, I'd call the vet just to put your mind at ease (they'll be able to tell you quickly, and they won't charge for a phone call).

Purrs to your kitty. :)

Bowski answered on 2/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My kitten acted like this the day of his vaccinations. By the next day, mid day, he was acting like a maniac again. I'd say it's probably normal for him to be a little lethargic today. Hope he feels better soon.

More Questions in This Category