3 year old ragdoll i had to move away to a new house that another cat lives at. How do i help her? Shes not adapting

Went through a breakup and refuse to leave my baby behind. She had to leave 2 dogs that she adored and my ex partner which she adored. I had no choice but to have to move her into a new home and my room mate just got a kitten 3 days ago. My poor cat is not adapting well at all to the new location, is extremely scared and stressed, and the new kitten wants to be around her and she growls and hisses at the kitten. Its only been about 12 hours since i moved her, im just very concerned. What can i do to help her adapt to the new house and the kitten? I feel terrible for her. I have her closed off to just my bedroom for now. Litter box and food and water are all in the bedroom with me and my cat. What can i do to help her? Im very concerned.

Asked by Member 1173597 on Jun 4th 2013 Tagged adapting in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Do what is right for the cat and move her back to the previous location and make up a schedule for visitation. Otherwise, you are going to have one VERY unhappy cat. I just got a new kitten too and the three others LOVE it when she's sleeping! Treats, away climbing spaces and separation are only going to work for so long. Or, you can find another place to live where she will be the only pet. ^_^