18 year old cat sometimes loses her balance easily and can't seem to "right" herself. Her entire body leans to one side.

History of seizures. Unable to see a vet. Has been on an herbal powder for seizures. She loses her balance after she has done something strenuous, like jumping off the couch. I know she's old but I just want to do everything possible to make her happy in her last years of life. I've had her since I was six years old and it pains me to watch her. She is otherwise very healthy and happy and even very playful.

Asked by Member 1198959 on Nov 12th 2013 in Senior Pet

Answers

Get doggie stairs and see if she will use them, or help her getting up and down. This is the beginning of the end of her life, and you need to do everything that you can do to make it more comfortable for her. When she has a bad seizure and is paralyzed, you will need to take her to the vet right away for euthanasia, unless you want to see her suffer and wither away. There is no dignity in watching a stroke victim attempt to recover. ^_^