10 yr old cat, congenitally bad teeth, had to be removed (his mom and sister have no problems with teeth) - I am looking

need healthy treat ideas for cat with no teeth... good appetite but with eating he is more interested with variety and lots of coaxing. I want him fluffy and a good weight again! My other cat loves asparagus, watermelon and cantaloupe... any fresh foods that are good for a cat to add some nutrition?

Asked by Member 1178483 on Jul 4th 2013 Tagged healthy, foods in Food & Nutrition

Answers

People food will not provide the nutrition he needs, even though they like some kinds. I would find a high-protein cat food like new Nutro Finicky Feline in the maroon bag; put some water in and let it sit until it's mushy enough for him to eat. Wet food is good too but it usually has 1/3 less calories than dry per serving (because it is mostly water). ^_^

Kaylee & Amelia

Kibble has more calories because it has more carbs. Calories from inferior sources such as grains do not giver your cat the energy and nutrients it needs. If he has trouble eating because of his removed teeth, I would suggest a minced raw diet or canned food diet or a mix of kibble and canned. As long as you are feeding a high-quality food, with NO grains, by-fillers and artificial preservatives, you should be able to feed whatever treats you want. The BEST way to add nutrition is to research raw diets. www.catinfo.org is a good place to start, or get the book "Your Cat" by Elizabeth M. Hodgkins. She covers a lot of specifics for cats with health issues in it.

Kaylee & Amelia answered on 9/26/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer